The theme of the project “SILENCE IS NOT GOLD” is related to following the regulations of the human rights and their control when those rights are abused virtually by violence related to gender-based differences which is just a step towards the real-life violence against young juveniles, minors and the youth. The aim of our project is to encourage young people to speak out about violent behaviour and to ask for help and co-operation. It also aims to teach the youngsters how to protect themselves from the sneaking ambitious of the ones that we can meet in the net disguised as well-wishers, advisors and a chance acquaintances by helping them to form a sense of tolerance and respect towards the ones that are different. The project participants will get to know various virtual gender-based violence behaviours by applying non-formal education methods and interactive training methods, motivating them to take part in making recommendations for the prevention of gender-based violence, to avoid hazards on the global network.
The project will involve the following organizations:
1.”Association Brainstorm Group” – 1.Bulgaria – project coordinator,
2. Georgian Youth for Europe (GYE) – Georgia – partner and host organization of the youth exchange, 3.Linguistic Aid Kit Limited – UK,
4.EURO-NET – Italy,
5.Hranicka Rozvojova Agentura -Czech Republic,
6. MHA “Dobra Wola” – BELARUS,
7.Albanian Society in Development – Аlbania,
8.World of the light child and youth center/LAMEK/- Армения,
9. Asociacija “Aktyvus Jaunimas”-Lithuania.
The project will include youth aged 16-30 and youth workers with no age limits. We will attract and involve youngsters with fewer opportunities – Roma people, jobless people, orphans, people with limited economic and social opportunities and those who are exposed to be outsiders. We are going to involve participants who live in remote places, where the ties of relationship are strong and the patriarchal characters influence their behaviour even as future parents. In Roma community, the violence is accepted as something usual and profitable. This imposes involving Romani people in the project. There will be 101 participants in total: of which a minimum of 36 with fewer opportunities. Two youth exchanges will be organized. The duration of the YE will be 7 days excluding the travelling days.
The working methods will stimulate the participation and communication, experience exchange and discussion. Games will be used as well as interactive activities, activities for teambuilding, empathy and brainstorming. Conclusions and new meanings of the all the stuff will be presented to the audience. Thus we will carry out learning by doing and experience. The seminars will be focused on personal development, improving knowledge related to human rights respect and lack of violence based on gender differences, acquiring practical skills for self-protection and assistance to victims of violence.
Informal training will consist of the following activities: 1. Detailed study of human rights, violence, counter-violence and organizations working on the problem in each partner country. Summarizing the extracted information.
2.Seminar and RPGs on Human Rights that drew attention to combating negative acts of harassment and disregard for personal differences and in particular violence based on gender differences;
3. City game for making informal contacts with the local people in Razlog and Rustavi to explore stereotypes and local attitudes;
4. Self-defense training;
5. Presenting decisions and conclusions on cases that will be analyzed during the morning sessions;
6. Carrying out a sociological research that will show the effectiveness of a new computer game which will be used for problem-solving among the school students.
7. Partner countries presentations and cultural evenings.
Project results: – Establishing friendly relationships, trust, respect and gender equality; –
– Essential project information will be disseminated and reach at the minimum of 10 000 people, the preponderant majority of which will be young people.
– Recommendations compiled and project products sent to local governments, regional governments, regional offices of education, secondary schools, NGOs and youth organizations.
Youth workers will realize the European dimension of the subject and reflect on their own behaviour in the future, which would help generate new ideas and motivation to participate in future projects.
The organizations participating in the project are going to continue the partnership by extending the subject and cooperate in project Erasmus+